Location: Washington D.C.
Clearance: TS/SCI (DHS suitability preferred)
Job Title: Security Engineer
Dependable Global Solutions is looking for a smart, results-oriented Principal Security Engineer to join our team. This is a rewarding and stimulating position that allows the individual to push the envelope in current network and virtualization technologies for our customer, as well as emerging technologies such as Net IQ DRA, AWS Cloud and others.
In addition, you’d work under the lead engineer while being designated a subset of projects and tasks. To succeed, the ideal candidate will need to be able to think strategically and execute tactically. He/she will be customer-focused, detail oriented, articulate and credible with the ability to instill confidence in senior leadership, work with diverse groups and teams and external components to support and confirm compliance.
May also be leveraged to evaluate vendor products and to confirm product capabilities, configurability, and if said product(s) provide the desired result and meet and or exceed collective requirements. May also provide On-site technical support to address and resolve issues related to system integration, firewall constraints and continuous monitor and compliance.
- Applies an enterprise-wide set of disciplines for the planning, analysis, design and construction of information systems on an enterprise-wide basis or across a major sector of the enterprise.
- Knowledge on the vision of a fully automated and configurable network as part of our cloud datacenter offerings
- In-depth knowledge of AWS for Government
- Expert-level understanding of TCPIP and WAN protocols
- Experience supporting and addressing network and firewall constraints
- Familiar with networking equipment install, configuration, and troubleshooting.
- Knowledge in the availability, scalability and efficiency ofAWS Cloud Platform in order to engineer reliability into all cloud network and virtualization technologies
- Ability to review and influence new and evolving design, architecture, standards, and methods for networking at scale
- Must be familiar with modern Microsoft Operating Systems and Office products.
- Familiar with MS SQL 2008 or higher
- Familiar with NetIQ DRA is a plus
- Working knowledge of Splunk (creating reports and security dashboards)
- Ability to review environments and submit a gap analysis report regarding Continuous Monitoring
- Experience managing multiple projects and obtaining results
- Ability to work with little or no supervision while accomplishing mission objectives
Desired Certifications (desired, not required):
Microsoft MCP, MCSA, MCSE, Citrix CCEA, CCIA, Cisco CCNA, CCIE, VMware VCP, CAP-CID, Juniper JNCIP-SEC, Security +, Network +, Comptia Cloud +, AWS-CSA Professional,
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience required
- HS Diploma and a minimum of 12 years experience
- Associate Degree and a minimum of 10 years experience
- Bachelor Degree and a minimum of 8 years experience
- Master’s Degree and a minimum of 6 years experience
- PhD and 4 years of experience
- Require possibly 10-15 percent travel
- Must be able to pass a government background investigation